- This event has passed.
Macrame and Wine Night
4 September 2022 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pm£37
Enjoy a late Sunday Afternoon of Macrame & Wine in the gorgeous surroundings at KILO ZIRO in Digbeth – Zero Waste Cafe Bar & Refill Taproom.
Sunday 04.09.22 – 4.00pm to 6.30pm Macrame Plant Hanger & Wine Workshop
Buy your tickets here —> Macrame and Wine
Your ticket includes 3 x 50ml wine tasting flight & snack and receive 15% off all additional drinks & snacks!
This 2.5 hour workshop is perfect for total beginners and wine lovers and set in the newly designed, comfy & sophisticated space – Kilo Ziro. You will learn a range of key macramé techniques and be guided through every step, to make your very own beaded plant hanger in a beautiful spiral design. The basic knots you learn will enable you to make many different items in the future too – perfect for giving to friends and family!
You will be introduced to three of our wines at the start of the session and given your 3 x 50ml wine tasting flight (or non-alcohol options) to enjoy throughout your macrame session with us. You may order any additional drinks with a complimentary 15% discount or accompanying tasting cheeses for £6 throughout session. Did we mention we have a Wine & Fizz Refill Wall?
In true zero waste style, after you have mastered your own plant hanger, we will be demonstrating how you can upcycle old textiles into mini macrame hangers too!
Get creative and bring a long an old t-shirt if you have one (large as possible), so you can start your upcycled hanger with guidance and finish it at home!
In the workshop you will receive:
* All materials – this includes 100% UK cotton cord 3.5mm or 5mm, 1 wooden hoop, 4 wooden beads.
* An instruction booklet
* Small group guided support from start to finish with your instructor – Jeanette
* 3 x 50ml wine tasters OR non-alcoholic options – loose leaf tea/locally roasted coffee AND a soft drink.
* A choice of snack – crisps/ roasted peanuts/ fava beans/ wasabi peas
* Exclusive 15% discount on all drinks and add tasting cheeses on for £6 throughout the session.
* A relaxing, creative evening in a comfortable, elegant venue with sofas, velvet furnishings & chandelier setting.
All materials are included but please bring along your own small/medium plant pot so you can plan the size of your hanger – we recommend no larger than 15cm x 13cm.
This workshop can also be purchased as a gift for someone else – just write in the notes section where you would like the ticket to be emailed to.
* 12 participants in class (please note that a section of the bar will still be open to public)
* Hand sanitiser available
* Please do not attend a workshop if you have experienced any symptoms of Covid-19 within 7 days prior to attending.
We look forward to seeing you there!
KILO ZIRO – UK’s First Zero Waste Café & Refill Taproom.
1 Gibb Street, Digbeth, Birmingham, B9 4AA, 0121 771 0869
Our ethos is to reduce single use packaging, champion local products and source sustainably. Bought to you by the founders of The Clean Kilo, Zero Waste Supermarket.
Train to New Street –10 minutes walk
Bus to Digbeth High street/coach station – 97, 50, 16, 45, 4A, 97, X2, X22
Parking – Heath Mill Lane Car Park (Custard Factory)
FREE PARKING SUNDAYS on Floodgate Street – check signs.
Cycle – Bike rack outside venue
Clothing: Luckily we’re not working with any messy materials so you’re welcome to dress as glam as you like! Just beware we have sharp scissors and wine glasses lying around and the general preference is to stand whilst macram-e-ing!