- This event has passed.
Kokedama and Macrame Plant Hanger
30 November @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm£39
NEW WORKSHOP ALERT!
Kokedama & Macrame Workshop – 2 workshops in one – Thursday 30th November 2023 from 6.30pm to 8.30pm.
Immerse yourself in the rich history of Kokedama, a traditional Japanese art form that showcases the beauty of nature through the art of wrapping plants in lush green moss.
Macrame is a technique or method of crafting a textile that uses several knots to form the basic shape and function of the piece.
Stefan, founder of Tranquil Plants delivers relaxed and inspiring classes that are open to all ages and are the perfect way to learn about both this ancient tradition. Jeanette from The Clean Kilo who has been running macrame workshops with natural materials for years will be teaching you how to make a basic macrame hanger home for your lovely new Kokedama!
What is included:
• A showing of beautiful Japanese Kokedamas .
• A Step-by-step guide by expert and founder Stefan to create a Palm Moss Kokedama which you can take home.
• All supplies (Fresh air Palm tree, moss, soil, and indoor plant care guidelines).
• Tips and tricks for indoor plants.
• The second part of the workshop you will be learning basic knots and macrame techniques to make your hanger with Jeanette!
• We will finish a guided relaxation session with Tranquil plants
• Wines, beer, soft drinks and snacks will be available to purchase from KILO ZIRO on the day.
Tickets are £40 per person
Max class size – 25
Min age – 5 years and above